Tuesday 26 March 2013

Hello!

Normally I don't post for ages because I've been busy, or lazy, or sad brains, or just generally have 'a reason'. This time the break was because I couldn't get into my damn blog account.

Google verifies who you are if you forget your password by texting you. I semi-permanently lose my phone. Google then asks lots of weird question, too which I had no good answers. I have no idea how but I just managed to sign in after trying every password I've ever had over the past month.

Yay!

Word of warning: I had surgery this weekend, and both my typing and thought processes reflect the aftermath of being anesthetized and having my ear cut off.

Ive done quite a bit of painting recently and some cool miniature photography.

These lovelies are up on ebay


They are my favourite screamers yet. Really nice contrast on them, although I wish now that I had given their eyes a red base and outline like a did a previous set. Still really good fun to airbrush. 


I finally finished my bomba! Annoyingly it looks MUCH better in person. I mean a hell of a lot better. At the time I just could not work out how to take a decent picture of it. If it doesn't sell this round on ebay I will be taking more pictures of it at home and putting it back up. I've done some good scouting about and reading and know how to actually get some good accurate pictures of it.

I started painting up my Garden of Morr set. I want to develop a more cartoony, stylized... style.  When I first played Torchlight 2 I ran through a graveyard/mausoleum type area and I really liked the colour scheme. In general I love the art direction of torchlight and the textures they use. I wanted to try and be able to paint up the scenery like that. I'm still trying to improve my painting in a more traditional way on other models, but I really like the more fantastical styles too.

Am I making sense? I doubt I am. I'm on lots of painkillers and banadaged up like a mummy. Even my labrador isn't jumping all over me and is instead constantly checking if I'm breathing. It is very cute.



This was the test piece I started with. The inside bit (top picture) isn't finished yet obviously. I couldn't work out the best colour scheme for the flowers. I think I'm just going to do them all lots of different colours. The rest of the paint scheme is the same so different coloured flowers shouldn't be an issue.

It does look rough blown up in photos but in the hand and on the table it works really well. I'm hoping it also looks like it is painted that way on purpose - if that makes sense. Not rough because it can't be painted better, but because it was supposed to be with broad strokes and shading through saturation.

I tried painting a little bit today but it did not go well. I really wanted to paint and thought I was feeling up to it. Trying to move the brush across a model just did not work though. It was a very strange feeling. Mentally I was like 'yeah I feel fine this will just be like normal' but something got very messed up between my brain and my hand. Try painting with your non-writing hand, and that's how I felt. I've had to sate my desire to paint tiny things by looking at pictures of other people painting tiny awesome things instead.

The inspiration section should be updated today with new pictures!

Oh yeah I also went to miniature modelling hell yesterday. Remind me to post about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment