Saturday 29 October 2011

Dreadfleet, Island of Blood and Arkham City oh my!

So I have managed to do sod all posting in nearly a month. I completely burned myself out on painting and making things. I have become uber lazy and useless in pretty much all aspects of my life annoyingly. But parent visited a couple of weeks ago and bought me Dreadfleet as an early christmas present. The week after I caved and recklessly bought Island of Blood to sate my elf and skaven needs.

Then this week I got a limited edition Arkham City as another early christmas present and that managed to blow any plans to paint and/or study out of the water! As with arkham asylum I'm ending up sinking more time into a single challenge room than the rest of the game combined.

But my desk is set up for painting - thinking maybe a change of place to something more comfortable will help me get going. I crippled myself in the gym today and trampolining yesterday so am going to be housebound tomorrow. My desk is right next to my bed so it will be minimal effort to slink out in my pjs onto my super comfy chair and actually do some painting! Or so I hope...

I've decided to put the orks away for a bit. I wasn't painting my nobz in a very economical manner and it means I've just gotten damn bored of them. Also shuffling them around loads means that I have misplaced a head and an arm. I did learn alot from them though.

I much prefer layering to wet blending, no matter how many coats it takes. I will have to learn to just put up with my models being glued together before I start: trying to put the ork arms on now there is a visible alignment issue that I could've fixed at the beginning with glue or greenstuff that I would now have to ruin painting to fix. I've learnt what to add and eliminate from my painting process to to make the whole thing smoother and more efficient.

I have a bunch of tanks, possessed and general chaos space marine-y goodness prepped, primed and ready to paint. I will be getting on with those for a bit!

Will need to remember to bring the camera upstairs so I get pictures...

Am also planning to do a review of the dreadfleet and island of blood boxsets. I should've remember to do the assault on black reach one but I'd pulled most of it out and used it before the idea occured to me.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment