Friday 16 March 2012

Oath Thread: The oathening

I have been very quiet recently to mirror my lack of painting. Two things are happening this month, however. 1) I am going home for my month long easter holiday. 2) The guys at SA have started up a new oath thread!

The basic idea is at the start of every month you say I will paint x amount of y, following guidelines set out in the thread. You post a picture proving your mini is thus far unpainted and then you have to finish and paint it by the end of the month. You get points according to various things such as having a proper WIP, how well you fit the month's theme and how well you paint overall.

I have been having a break in preparation for this! Normally I paint at a glacial pace - certainly slower than the rate at which I buy new miniatures - so I am hoping that this new thread will motivate me to paint faster! There's prizes and stuff to be had if you do well in certain categories.

I've been making a list of all the unpainted models I have, and here's what I've found so far:

Penitent Engine
Throne of Judgement
Vampire Counts Coach
Exorcist
Predator Tank
Immolator
Dreadnought
HQ's from Assault on Black Reach
Island of Blood full box
Dreadfleet full box
St Celestine
C'tan the deceiver
Legion Epic Thragosh the Messiah

And some more that are not currently within arms reach and I'll be damned if I'm getting out of my bean bag. It takes far too much butt shuffling to get it right to waste it!

I'm also going to try and set specific goals for myself each set of models I paint - monochrome, or layering, wet blending, speedpainting etc.

Im super psyched and really hope I get to painting at a steady rate again.

No comments:

Post a Comment