Sunday 22 May 2016

Dark Souls Project I

Unless you've been living under a rock you saw the Dark Souls miniatures kickstarter. Supposedly theres a game to be played there as well but all I saw was hundreds of beautiful miniatures made for a game series I love. I have... A LOT of these miniatures. I may have procured a ridiculous amount of the box sets, expansions and stand alone boss models through the kickstarter.

Its probably going to be a couple of years before I get my hands on these but I'm already preparing things. I want to reproduce the models in game looks as accurately as possible. I'm working on two steps to start with: collecting hi res glossy jpegs of all the in game models, and cataloging a bunch of awesome tutorials that pertain to painting the variety of materials of the monster collection.

Here's a list of what I'll be painting:

Bosses:

Dancer of the Boreal Valley
Ornstein and Smough
The Pursuer
Sir Alonne
Smelter Demon
Sif, Great Grey Wolf
Artorias
Gaping Dragon
Black Dragon Kalameet
Guardian Dragon
Four Kings
Asylum Demon
Old Iron King
Last Giant
Manus, Father of the Abyss
Executioner's Chariot

Mini Bosses:

Titanite
Frost Knight
Invader
Winged Knight
Gargoyle
Grunts:

Hulking Hollow
Crossbow Hollow
Armoured Hollow
Fire Bomb Hollow
Silver Knight Archer
Silver Knight Swordsman
Silver Knight Lancer
Sentinel
Alonne Sword Knight
Alonne Knight Captains
Alonne Bow Knights
Ironclad Soldiers
Mimic
Crystal Lizard
Plough Scarecrow
Shears Scarecrow
Demonic Foliage
Stone Guardian
Stone Knight
Mushroom Parent & Child
Player Characters:

Assassin
Cleric
Deprived
Herald
Knight
Mercenary
Pyromancer
Sorcerer
Thief
Warrior
Armour Sets:

Adventurer
Black Iron 
Black Knight
Catarina
Crimson
Dark
Gaurdian 
Gold Hemmed Black
Havel's
Set of Favor
Invaders:

Armourer Dennis
Fencer Sharon
Kirk, Knight of Thorns
Maldron the Assassin
Maneater Mildred
Marvellous Chester
Melinda the Butcher
Oliver the Collector
Paladin Leeroy
Xanthous King Jeramiah
Summons:

Eygon of Carim
Horace the Hushed
Lucatiel Mirrah
Ruined Aflis
Seigward of Catarina
Sellsword Luet
Sirris of the Sunless Realm
Sword Master Saber
Witch Beatrice
I have a lot of things to learn before this stuff turns up! 

With the Invader and Summons models, I'm caught between painting them as they appear in game (the red/black and white/grey appearances respectively) or painting them as they appear in their own worlds. 

Time to collect hundreds of pictures and tutorials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment