Tuesday 27 September 2011

The hills are alive - with the sound of snoooowwwdrifts!

So we're back at uni now and finally have all our stuff sorted and in one space. Hopefully I should be able to to get more stuff done more consistently now! I've already chugged on and made a new set of bases, and fixed the ones I was frustrated with in my last post. Discovered the wonders of TUFTS! And using more than just one shade of brown. Here's how they are now;



I coloured the rocks a beigy-green colours and then drybrushed it up with bleached bone to unify it, but add more to the colour palette. I bought a set of tuftsfrom army painter and used some of the dead and winter ones. I think it's a really nice touch and is much simpler than fighting with field grass. Field grass is still worth it, because there's more control and variation you can get but for a quick fix this stuff is great.

I also made... snow hamburgers!






I will be writing a post on how I made these later today - I took lots of information pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment