Tuesday 26 July 2011

Stripping Time

Well I tried painting again today. The result was a horrible set of models that frustrate me to even look at. I'm trying to work out atm what the best order for me is to paint the elements of my sisters models. I'm going to strip them off, neaten them up a bit and then respray them with my halfords primer. I might retry the citadel skull white at some point, but to be honest its so unreliable compared to any other that it will probably be relegated to scenery priming duty.

I've got some new paint schemes to try out; dark angels sisters of battle, light blues and whites snow camo sisters, dark blue and black. I need to work out how to thin my metallics better as well. I was trying to paint the raised details of a sister earlier with tin bitz before I went over it with gold and more of it ended up on her spaceboobs than the actual detailing. But unthinned metallics are chunky as hell!

Painting may have to take a break for a couple of days as I'm finding it more frustrating than relaxing. There's an image in my head of how I want things to look and then a blank space between how I paint now and how I paint to get them to look how I want. Need to just casually look up how other people have done there's and chill out about my models currently looking like Salvador Dali did them.

He did the melty clocks, right? I'm sure he's the guy who did the melty clocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment