Sunday 31 July 2011

Orky WiP

I have terrible update pictures! My orkies are very nearly finished, and I'm actually quite pleased with how they are turning out.



Pictures are terrible because I took them at dusk on a camera phone; I won't have a proper camera until I return home which I can't do for a few weeks because my dad has pneumonia!

I think I need to push the highlights more and do the trousers differently next time. They looked excellent up to a point then I tried to make them dirty. Unfortunately this just resulted in looking 'badly painted' rather than 'worn'.

They should be finished tomorrow; I stopped today after applying the orange and red wash to weather and rust them, but burnt out before I could layer some metal over that. I had to stop myself from trying to perfect and redo every little thing on them again and again - accept them flaws but push through a finish them, make the next lot better. I never finish anything normally because I'm so determined to do it perfectly first time but this doesn't work for anything artistic!

Gloss medium is a must for using metallic paints; it makes a smidgen of paint go a mile, helps thinning, and gives a gorgeous finish.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll actually get more stuff for the blog sorted... I'm being so useless with everything at the moment.

In other news James won a 40k chaos army today with about 120 models and 3 tanks in. Can't wait for that the turn up for stripping and priming!

No comments:

Post a Comment