Monday 15 August 2011

Cowboys vs Orkliens

I've nearly finished! I actually went for a couple of walks today, and Hobbycraft, and did painting and work. Hopefully I should be feeling much better tomorrow. Apart from a few details (Some glaringly obvious) this batch of 5 are almost finished. I just need to go over them tomorrow and touch everything up - add bits of shading and washing here and there.

Here they are in their current state, complete with mood lighting!


Yeah uhh.. I think I forgot something


Hmm... Didn't forget anything here

Or here! :D

This one looks fine too

Yup, didn't forget anything for these guys ¬_¬
I focused mainly on skin, leather and the red tops this time. I was stupid and kept painting past when I wanted to so I rushed all the bone and messed up quite a few of the blue bits. It's annoying but I have to learn to stop and move on to the next set!

Then I thought I'd whip out the lolly sticks and uhh... random bits of wood and make myself some fancy bases. Don't cut wood with pliers - you'll just shoot bits into your boyfriends eye. Bits pinging everywhere! Not sure what I am going to use to cut them tomorrow, unless I buy the world's tiniest saw...

I've given them a wash of devlan and bits of badab black and they actually look really good. I'm gonna pick up some ink from hobbycraft tomorrow to make my own washes with and use as is, because if I'm making scenery too the wash pots definitely do not hold enough.

Very sleepy, I shall hopefully get some more of the blog done tomorrow now that I'm feeling less like the undead.

No comments:

Post a Comment