Monday 29 August 2011

Sisters of blergh

I've been trying to paint something other than orks for a bit. I have a substantial sisters of battle army stripped and prepped so have been through a few of those recently. I was painting in sets of three and tried two different paint schemes so far - red cloaks and white armour, and red armour and white cloaks. I much prefer the latter but the 6 models I tested in all got to a point where I wanted to gouge my eyes out trying to paint them anymore. I just didn't think it through as I went and have only been fixing things constantly rather than actually progressing with the painting. Offending models below;


Now I'm painting five up in the white cloaks and red armour much more carefully.



I started on a white base with two layers of 2:1 water:astronomicon grey. Then I have done a single layer of 1:1 water:scab red on the armour.



Annoyingly all of the primed sisters have loads of flash left on that I somehow just did not catch when I prepped them. I managed to get all of the mold lines though.

Made another piece of scenery though - the Ork Outhouse!



Can't remember if I wrote up the progress while I was doing it. I'll check and if not I will pop that up on this post. Bought a load of new stuff too - need to take photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment