Wednesday 10 August 2011

Ork of the Rings: Orkship of the Ork

I managed to eek out a little painting and work today. Unfortunately I still have my silly ear infections so I'm too tired to sit and paint for long periods of time. I just managed the second layer of colour over the orks skin. Yet again I only managed to start taking photos when the sun had gone away!

I used 1:2 Snot green:10%F on all the fantasy orks




But boredom hit right about this point and I decided to see what happens when you add gloss medium to a matt paint. The result is quite cool - I've thought of quite a few uses for it already like the dirt and grease on mechanical parts and shine where sun hits.


I'm not sold on the different colour - using snot green is surprisingly different. Should be able to make good use of it though and highlight the skin up nicely. Gloss has also been quite nice for putting the models together, snapping a photo, then referencing that for exactly where the light hits in different positions.

I have lost the ork I used the iridescent medium on... hopefully nothing to do with the 'medium'.

I used my winsor and newton brushes today! Galleria brush set rather than series 7 - I'm still too scared to open those.Good for normally thinned paints (great, actually) but not after I had added the gloss medium.

Too tired to keep writing...sleepy byes!

No comments:

Post a Comment